This no-fuss recipe packs a critical flavor punch.
Whereas the recipe requires cheddar cheese, bacon and scallions as toppings, be at liberty to get artistic and throw in your favourite baked potato accoutrements.
Baked Potato Pops with Hood Bitter Cream
Prep time: 20 minutes
Whole time: 45 minutes
24 child potatoes (about 1 inch in diameter)
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt and pepper
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup bitter cream (Hood or your favourite)
4 slices bacon, cooked and finely chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Place potatoes in a medium bowl. Add oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat potatoes evenly.
2. Prepare potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 20 minutes, or till tender. Enable the potatoes to chill barely.
3. Preheat your broiler and place the rack within the heart of the oven.
4. Prepare the potatoes in order that they’re touching. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with cheese.
5. Broil potatoes for 1 to 2 minutes, or till cheese melts. Prepare potatoes on a serving platter.
6. Drizzle with bitter cream, and sprinkle with bacon and inexperienced onions. Serve heat.