Recent and flavorful, this simple Tzatziki is so good you’ll need to dip, dunk, and drizzle each meal.
A creamy cucumber yogurt sauce with, garlic, dill, and lemon. That is nice with meats, veggies, pita, and even for dipping fries.
Pronounced “tsah-see-key,” it’s historically a easy cucumber yogurt sauce. It’s common in Greek delicacies however there are variations present in each Center Japanese and Southeast European cuisines as effectively.
- Tzatziki is a straightforward sauce or dip made with Greek yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, and dill.
- The elements for this tzatziki recipe appear fundamental however the taste is recent and flavorful including a shiny taste to any meal.
- This sauce is greatest made forward of time so the flavors can mix. It retains for days within the fridge.
- Drizzle it over Chicken Souvlaki in wraps, spoon it on pork, hen, or roasted potatoes.
- It can be served as a recent dip with recent veggies, chips, or pita bread!
Yogurt is the bottom of this tzatziki recipe. Greek yogurt makes tzatziki good and thick however plain yogurt does work too. The flavour is greatest with full fats (not low fats) yogurt.
A cucumber is shredded utilizing the big facet of a field grater. I desire English cucumber for this recipe so that you don’t must peel or seed it, though you possibly can in case you’d like.
Should you’re utilizing a area cucumber with bigger seeds and thicker pores and skin for this tzatziki recipe, it needs to be peeled. If the seeds are giant, minimize in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds out and discard earlier than shredding.
Recent dill is greatest if potential however you should utilize dried dill if it’s all you could have, a little bit of recent mint is nice in tzatziki too. If utilizing dried dill, scale back the quantity to 1 teaspoon. A squeeze of recent lemon juice provides one of the best taste to this recipe and can have a sweeter style whereas bottled lemon juice will probably be a bit extra bitter in taste.
Season the tzatziki with garlic, salt, and pepper and end with a drizzle of a great high quality olive oil.
The way to Make Tzatziki
- Shred the cucumber with the bigger facet of a field grater. Gently drain.
- Mix all remaining elements in a medium bowl.
- Fold within the shredded cucumber.
The intense and tangy taste of tzatziki stands out greatest when the flavors have had an opportunity to mix. Refrigerate a minimum of half-hour earlier than serving.
- Use full fats (not low fats) yogurt for one of the best taste. Greek yogurt is thicker than plain yogurt.
- If utilizing a area cucumber, peel the thick pores and skin with a vegetable peeler, minimize it in half and use a spoon to take away the big seeds.
- English cucumber doesn’t have to be peeled and the seeds may be grated with the cucumber.
- Evenly drain the cucumber by putting it in a superb mesh sieve or a bit of cheesecloth and gently urgent. You don’t need to squeeze it dry, simply take away some moisture.
- If utilizing dried dill, scale back the quantity to 1 teaspoon.
- Recent mint or different recent herbs may be added.
Function a Dip, Dressing, or Sauce
This tzatziki recipe isn’t solely a dip however a ramification and sauce too. It goes effectively with grilled meats or your favourite Mediterranean impressed recipes.
- As a dip, attempt it with recent greens, pita chips, baked french fries, crackers, zucchini fries, and even greek meatballs. It makes a fantastic dip for pizza crust too!
- As a ramification, serve it with gyros or lamb and veggie kebabs, falafel. Use instead of mayonnaise on sandwiches, subs, or salads!
- As a sauce, pour it over oven-baked chicken breasts, salmon, or apply it to a classic potato salad! It’s additionally nice on fish due to its delicate, creamy taste.
Storing Tzatziki Sauce
Hold recent Tzatziki for as much as 2 days within the fridge.
Can You Freeze Tzatziki? This recipe doesn’t hold effectively within the freezer. The consistency adjustments and it turns into watery after freezing.
Extra Greek Impressed Favorites
How did you get pleasure from this Tzatziki Sauce? Remember to depart a ranking and a remark under!
Simple Tzatziki Sauce (Yogurt Cucumber Dip)
Greek Tzatziki is shiny and tangy & greatest when served chilled! It’s deliciously recent and simple to make!
Shred the cucumber with the bigger facet of a field grater. Place in a superb mesh strainer and frivolously press to empty liquid.
Mix elements (besides cucumber) in a big bowl. Fold within the shredded cucumber. Season with salt & pepper to style.
Enable flavors to mix a minimum of half-hour earlier than serving. Drizzle with extra olive oil to serve.
- If utilizing an English cucumber, peeling (and seeding) the cucumber is non-compulsory.
- Recent is greatest however you should utilize 1 teaspoon dried dill instead of recent or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder instead of a recent garlic clove if it is what you could have readily available.
- Recent lemon juice is greatest as retailer purchased can have a little bit of a bitter taste.To rapidly juice a lemon, minimize it in half and place a fork within the middle. Squeeze the lemon across the fork whereas shifting the fork to extract the juice.
- Tzatziki will final 2 days within the fridge.
Serving: 0.25cup, Energy: 65, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 1g, Fats: 5g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 22mg, Potassium: 126mg, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 85IU, Vitamin C: 2.1mg, Calcium: 62mg, Iron: 0.1mg
(Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.)
Course Appetizer, Dip, Sauce
Delicacies American, Greek
Extra Dips We Love