This simple rice is an easy but flavorful aspect dish!
A scrumptious buttery herbed rice filled with taste and many juicy mushrooms.
This can be a easy aspect or add in some browned floor beef to show it right into a meal.
A Favourite Easy Aspect
- This mushroom rice is scrumptious turns easy components into an incredible aspect or perhaps a essential dish.
- We love that this rice is gentle in texture and isn’t loaded down with heavy cream and is made with no canned mushroom soup.
- Much like a rice pilaf, this recipe has plenty of taste.
- You should utilize any number of rice on this dish together with long-grain, brown rice, or perhaps a wild rice mix.
- Swap out the hen broth for mushroom broth for some further mushroomy goodness.
RICE: The rice is cooked earlier than including it to this dish which signifies that any number of rice will work. Use long-grain white rice (or basmatic or jasmine), brown rice, and even wild rice mix. Regulate the cooking time and broth based mostly on the kind of rice you utilize.
MUSHROOMS: I most frequently make this with cremini (child bella mushrooms) or white mushrooms relying on what I’ve available. Use any type you’d like, portobello are nice on this recipe too.
Should you rehydrate dried mushrooms, pressure the liquid by way of a espresso filter and add it rather than a few of the broth.
FLAVOR: Buttery onions and celery begin this recipe off with plenty of taste. Cooking the rice in broth provides much more taste and eventually, we stir dried seasoning and a few recent herbs. We love hen broth on this recipe however use beef, mushroom, and even vegetable broth.
- Use any type of rice, any type of broth, and any type of mushrooms. This can be a nice combine and match dish!
- Brown some floor beef together with the onions and switch this right into a hearty meal.
- Including about 1 cup of heavy cream will add a creaminess to the dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese when you’d like.
- Stir in your favourite greens from finely diced carrots or bell peppers to slices of zucchini or small spring peas.
The right way to Make Mushroom Rice
We love this simple rice recipe!
- Prepare dinner rice in broth.
- Fry onion and celery in butter till tender. Add mushrooms and cook dinner till tender.
- Mix all components & bake per recipe beneath.
Time Saving Tip
We like to bake this rice so the flavors can mix and the highest layer will get a bit toasty including taste a bit little bit of texture. Should you’re quick on time, you possibly can skip the baking. You should definitely add the dried seasonings in with the broth so the flavors have an opportunity to cook dinner collectively.
Extra Rice Sides We Love
Leftover mushroom rice might be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
This casserole can simply be frozen and reheated! Freeze for as much as 2 months and reheat following this easy guide!
Extra Mushroom Favorites
Did you make this simple Mushroom Rice? Go away us a remark and a score beneath!
Our Favourite Mushroom Rice
This tremendous savory, simple mushroom rice is stuffed with taste.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
Mix rice and 4 cups hen broth in a medium saucepan. Cowl and cook dinner till tender, about 20 minutes.
Whereas rice is cooking, soften butter in a ten” skillet. Add onions and celery and cook dinner till the onions begin to soften. Stir in mushrooms and proceed cooking till mushrooms are cooked by way of.
Mix rice, seasonings, remaining ½ cup broth, and cooked greens within the ready dish.
Bake uncovered for half-hour.
This recipe is written for lengthy grain white rice however you should use any number of rice on this recipe. You might want to regulate the quantity of liquid and cooking time relying on what sort of rice you utilize.
Leftover rice stuffing will last as long as 4 days in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Freeze for as much as 2 months.
Serving: 1cup, Energy: 169, Carbohydrates: 36g, Protein: 4g, Fats: 1g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 1g, Trans Fats: 1g, Sodium: 565mg, Potassium: 252mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 96IU, Vitamin C: 11mg, Calcium: 29mg, Iron: 1mg
(Diet data offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Course Casserole, Aspect Dish